There are several units within the City of Newburyport that are deed restricted as "affordable." When these units are placed on the market as a resale, the Newburyport Affordable Housing Trust (NAHT) through the Newburyport Planning Office, assists with helping to find eligible buyers.
In order to be eligible to purchase certain affordable resale units:
- The home must be intended for and maintained as your principal residence
- Your assets must not exceed $75,000
- You must be approved for a mortgage with a lender
- You to be a first time home buyer (or one that has had no homeownership interest in a principal residence during the past 3 years OR you are a displaced homemaker or single parent who has only owned a home with a former spouse while married)
- You must fall within 80% of the HUD annual median household income in the Boston Area as indicated below (as revised for FY 2019):
|units will be listed here when they become available|
For other available affordable and barrier-free housing opportunities, please visit MassAccess Housing Registry.