View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
How to Reach Us
The Office of the Mayor coordinates and administers the operations of City government to ensure residents, businesses, and visitors are provided with excellent services; operates the City with fiscal accountability and achieves results that advance the City's interest; works with the City Council in identifying and solving problems facing the City and in implementing appropriate measures for the welfare of our citizens; prepares the annual city budget; and seeks to achieve effective coordination and efficient delivery of services to assure economy, accountability and responsiveness to the citizens' needs. The Mayor also serves as the Chair of the School Committee working collaboratively with School Committee members and the Superintendent to advance student achievement and support continuous improvement of the Newburyport School District.
- The preparation of annual budgets for appropriation by the City Council as well as the monitoring of City departments insuring that all guidelines are met and goals achieved according to budget;
- The timely and judicious execution of laws passed by the City Council and the communication of such measures to the citizens where required.
- The efficient operation of City services, optimizing all resources available in a cost effective manner that best meets the needs of the citizens;
- The representation of the City at all occasions and meetings involving leaders of county, state and federal government agencies insuring that the best interests of the City are achieved;
- The direct communication with the citizens through an open door policy augmented by the involvement with all its boards and commissions to include the identification and appointment of qualified candidates for approval by the City Council
- The active participation in all matters concerning future City planning and economic development;
- The daily management of City government with an emphasis on departmental performance against established goals.