View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Building Commmissioner is available to assist the public at the following times:
Monday and Wednesday 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Thursday 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
How to Reach Us
60 Pleasant StNewburyport, MA 01950
STARTING JANUARY 1ST, 2018
The New 9th Edition Amendments to the 2015 ICC codes are in full force and effect.
Permits issued prior to 1/2/2018 under the 8th Edition/2009 ICC codes will complete in that code cycle.
Click on “Codes” in the left column for additional information
Building / Inspectional Services Department provides public safety through the enforcement of the:
- State Building Code (780 CMR)
- Architectural Access Regulations (521 CMR)
- Sheet Metal Workers Law (271 CMR)
- State Electrical Code (527 CMR)
- State Plumbing and Gas Fitters Code (248 CMR)
- The City of Newburyport Code of Ordinances
- Issues permits and performs inspections for all alterations and repairs, new buildings, accessory buildings, additions, temporary structures and demolition of buildings.
- Issues certificate of occupancy permits.
- Performs public safety inspections and issues certificates for all places of assembly, education and multi-family dwellings. See complete list at 780 CMR Table 110
|Peter Binette||Building Commissioner||(978) 465-4405|
|Bob Armstrong||Local Building Inspector||(978) 465-4405|
|Barbara A. Pulaski||Administrative Assistant||(978) 465-4405|
|Phil Stern||Inspectional Services Clerk||(978) 465-4405|