We want to make sure all residents have the information on Yard Waste Facility Season (YWF)!
To Purchase your sticker:
- Visit the city’s web site or click here (or, from www.CityofNewburyport.com search for Online Payments)
- THEN click on Order Now! For Yard Waste stickers.
- Follow the directions and your sticker will be mailed to you within 3 to 5 business days.
- You can print your receipt or copy the confirmation number to use as proof of purchase until your sticker arrives.Anticipated Opening Day: TUESDAY, APRIL 5
If you work on 3 or more lawns or properties then you will need a Landscaper Permit to use our Yard Waste Facility. This annual permit (April – December) can be purchased at Newburyport City Hall for $250.
Please call 978-465-4410 for an application.
Curbside leaf pick-up happens on two Saturdays in the spring: Saturday, April 30 and Saturday, May 14. Bags with materials other than leaves will be left behind. Have leaves in paper leaf bags, or leaves in labeled barrels, out by 7 a.m. Please fold bags over at the top.
Mattress and Box Spring Pick-up
Tues. MARCH 22 (or call 978-465-4410 to ask about drop-off option). The non-profit UTEC comes for curbside pick-up of mattresses and box springs at a cost of $15 apiece. They will be dismantled for component recycling. Call the Health Department at 978-465-4410, ext. 1.
To get your food waste picked up, Newburyporters have three options:
- Subscribe at Black Earth Compost to have their food waste picked up curbside
- Do it yourself with a deeply-discounted backyard composter (Earth Machine) that can be purchased at the Yard Waste Facility. $25 price for Newburyport residents only.
- Drop off your organics in paper or compostable bags only at one of three sites:
· 115 Water at our Waste Water Treatment Facility
· Cushing Park at Washington and Kent Street
· Yard Waste Facility at Colby Farm Lane
Please note that there will be no delays in Trash or Recycling Collection until Memorial Day.
For additional information please see the City of Newburyport website, or call 978-465-4410, ext. 1, or e-mail us at Lhanke@cityofnewburyport.com