The 2022 General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8th and a number of state and federal offices are on the ballot, including governor, US representative, and state representative. The City Clerk’s page has all the information about the election, and some additional reminders are below.
Early voting at the Senior Community Center, 331 High Street, is underway and will continue until Friday, November 4th. All registered voters in Newburyport can vote early. The schedule for early voting is as follows:
- Wednesday October 26, 2022: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Thursday October 27, 2022: 8:30 am to 2 pm
- Friday October 28, 2022 8:30 am to 10:30 am
- Saturday October 29, 2022: 8 am to 2 pm
- Monday October 31, 2022: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Tuesday November 1, 2022: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Wednesday November 2, 2022: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Thursday November 3, 2022: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Friday November 4, 2022 8:30 am to 11:30 am
The last day to register to vote is Saturday, October 29th by 5:00pm, and you can do so in person at City Hall or through this link: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/
Where do I vote?
As a reminder to Ward 2 voters, your polling place is now the Public Library at 94 State Street.
Voters can easily find your polling place at this link: http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.aspx. You can also look up your ward using this map and find your polling place on this list.
You can also request a mail-in or absentee ballot, and the deadline for mail-in ballots is Tuesday, November 1st at 5:00pm.
If you have questions, you can contact the City Clerk’s office at (978) 465-4407