Friday, September 22, 2023
Hydrant Flushing will be taking place on Friday, September 22, 2023 in the area of North Atkinson Street and Ashland Street towards State Street. Flushing will occur between the hours of 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Residents (even residents outside of the specified areas where work is occurring) may experience low water pressure, temporary discoloration in water, air in pipes and at times a disruption in water service.
The following suggestions will help avoid problems with discolored water:
- Check for discolored water before running appliances that use water (dishwashers/washing machines).
- Wait until discoloration in water subsides and flushing is complete in your area. Run cold water faucets to express air and discolored water.
- Do not run hot water because discolored water can get pulled into your hot water tank and take longer to clear up.
- Avoid using bleach in laundry as this worsens any staining that may occur.
- In the event clothes are stained, there are products available that will remove the stains when re-washing the clothes. Contact the Business Office at 16C Perry Way to obtain this product (free of charge to residents).
- Do not dry stained laundry.
Please contact the Department of Public Services Business Office with any questions at 978-465-4420 or e-mail us at email@example.com.