City of Newburyport
Small Business Relief Grant Program
The City of Newburyport is committed to helping small businesses during these unprecedented times. We have established the Small Business Relief Grant Program to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Up to 15 grants of up to $2,000 are available to qualified small businesses affected by COVID-19.
Grants can be used to help address fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, lost sales, lost opportunities, and other working capital expenses that could have been recognized had the COVID-19 pandemic not occurred.
To qualify to receive grant funds, a small business will be defined as a for-profit entity with:
- Fewer than 10 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees
- Less than $250,000 in annual revenue
- Registered with, in good standing with, and operating in the City of Newburyport (excluding chain or corporate franchise)
To apply, a small business owner must fill out an online application form that will be available on this website at 9 AM, Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Only applications submitted thorught the online application form will be accepted. Applications will need to include the following information:
- A brief narrative (2 to 3 sentences) demonstration specifically how COVID-19 has negatively affected your business (e.g. sales decrease, staff layoffs, inability to pay rent/ debts, closure of business, etc.)
- Proof of Newburyport business address (as indicated by a signed lease or other documentation)
- A copy of the most recent fiscal year tax return
- Proof of payroll (if applicable)
- Request for taxpayer identification number and certification (W-9)
Please use this link to view the application form in advance. We encourage applicants to review the questions and have required documentation ready once online application form goes live on June 30th.
The City will begin accepting applications through the online form that will be posted on this website at 9AM Tuesday June 30, 2020. Only filled out online application forms will be accepted. Grants will be awarded to the first 15 qualified businesses with complete applications on a first come, first served basis.
Grants will be awarded to businesses the week of July 6, 2020.
Questions can be sent by email to Ethan Manning, Finance Director, at [email protected]
Funds for the Small Business Relief Grant Program provided through the State Attorney General’s Small Business Relief Partnership Grant Program