Due to the recent storm, many have branches downed by the strong winds. What can Newburyport residents do with this brush?
The City is asking residents to hold onto the branches until the Crow Lane Yard Waste Facility opens on April 4 or residents are permitted to burn with permission from the Fire Department.
Crow Lane Yard Waste Facility:
- The projected date for the Yard Waste site is Tuesday, April 4, weather permitting. Once it is open our hours will be 7.30am -2.30pm Tuesday through Saturday.
- If you have downed branches but no yard in which to keep them, call the Department of Recycling, Energy and Sustainability to arrange a time to drop off the branches at the Yard Waste Facility before its opening date. The number is 978-499-0413.
- To utilize the facility residents must purchase a sticker for their vehicle, which entitles them to the use of the facility for the calendar year. Stickers are sold only at the Crow Lane Yard Waste Facility. The fee is $20, or $5 for residents 65 years old.
- FYI, curbside bagged leaf collection will take place on your regular trash day during the weeks of April 8 and May 22. Residents must place leaves in brown paper leaf bags or in marked barrels. Bags must be curbside by 6.00AM and contain only leaves. Bags containing branches, plants, dirt, rocks or trash will be left behind.
- Call the Newburyport Fire Department at 978-465-4427 for permission, on a daily basis, based on wind, ground conditions, etc.
- You must only burn brush.
- Grass, hay, leaves and stumps are prohibited
- Burn period is between January 15 and May 1, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- The fire must be no less than 75 feet away from all structures
- Have a water source on hand.
- Keep fire suppression tools handy and monitor the burn at all times until it is completely out.
For additional information please see the City of Newburyport website, http://www.cityofnewburyport.com/recycling-energy-sustainability or contact the recycling and energy office, at 978-499-0413, or via e-mail at email@example.com.