Early Voting Site for City of Newburyport
City Clerk’s Office and Chamber
60 Pleasant St
The Massachusetts Final is scheduled for November 8, 2016.
Are You Registered?
If you have not registered to vote, you may do so at the Clerk's Office in City Hall. Please note that you must register on or before October 19, 2016 in order to vote in the November 8, 2016 election.
Absentee Ballot Requests
Your request an absentee ballot must be received on or before Noon on November 7, 2016. Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, fax, or by e-mail; however, the local election official must be able to view the signature of the person requesting the ballot. Here is a link to the downloadable absentee form.
The absentee ballot must be returned by November 8. 2016.
Where do I vote?
Please click HERE to find your local election infomation.
Polling Places click HERE
The municipal election was held on November 3, 2015 wherein the City Council candidates and the School Committee candidates were elected. Pursuant to the new Home Rule Charter, there was no mayoral race. The Mayor is elected every four years and the next Mayor's election will be in November, 2017.
Here is a LINK to the final results.
- Annual Reports
- Business Certificate
- CDT 9/8/16 Agenda
- Campaign Finance Reports
- Capital Improvement Program
- City Council
- City Council Meetings (Video)
- Code of Ordinances
- Dog Licenses
- Final Results November 3, 2015 Election
- HC Agenda 9/8/16
- Harbor Commission July Agenda
- Harbormaster Fees
- High Street No Parking
- Home Rule Charter
- Library Board of Directors Agenda 9/7/16
- Moveable (A-Frame) Sign Application
- NCOD Agenda 9/8/16
- NHA Agenda
- NHA Posting
- Newburyport Retirement Board Agenda
- Outdoor Seating Application
- Parades, Road Races and Walkathons Form
- Parking Orders 2016
- Parking Orders
- Plastic Bag Ordinance Draft
- Snow Emergency Info.
- Tree Commission Agenda 9/8/16
- Trust Fund Committee Agenda
- Vital Records
- WFT Agenda
- Yard Sale Permit